Such A Nice OJT

14 Juli

This is the very first time i writing in English.
Actually it's a tasks from my teacher after i finished OJT (On Job Training) or maybe it's well known as 'Prakerin/Magang' in Indonesian.
But i just want to post it here, so i can re-read it on future.

This is the original text. Without editing.



On Job Training..
I was so afraid to heard that words.
What came first in my head is a horrible boss, a bad superior that will give many tasks and keep angry to me even if I made a very very small mistake.

My OJT started in January, 2016. It was about four months ago.
It’s funny to remember how afraid I am to started the OJT.


I placed in a church.

Church?
Some people asked with weird face expression everytime I said that.
Yep, it’s pretty weird. I realized that weirdness.
But my friends recommend that place, he said that church had sooo sooo many tasks to do. So OJT Student will never idle and keep busy.

I am, Clarissa. A people that love to being busy and challenged. I love to find new experiences. So I imagined a super nice busy schedule with challenging tasks.


My OJT in that church really started at 12th January. On Monday.
Before that day, my superior on that church give some presentation tasks. We must make some presentation design, and introduce ourselves at first day.

I prepared myself very well, dressed well, put some thin make up, sprayed some perfume. I put myself to the max.
Wanna give all the best at first day, or you can say give the best for first impression.
My heart beating so fast and loud. I am nervous, totally nervous.
After introducing ourselves at that first day, we allowed to go home.

I am totally shocked.
Just this? It’s done here for this day?
I tried to think positively. Maybe it’s just for first day.. next day he will give me many tasks, so I should prepared myself to finished that task.

Day by day, week by week has passed.
And nothing changed.
Even we go there just three or four time in a week. There is too much holiday.
Too much idle, it’s bored..


After 2 boring months there, we’re moved to a new place.
Thanks God we can moved to a new place. I’m stressed out if there no tasks or anything to do.

My new place is a wedding organizer. Named SAVITRI WEDDING, located on jl. Lombok no 10 Surabaya.
The boss accepted us and so kind to us.
I’m so happy and grateful can be placed in this place.
All employee and my superior were so kind.

At first day, I do the same thing as before.
Dressed well, put a thin make up, spray some perfume, combed my hair, put myself to the max.
At first day, we asked to show some portofolio. And the first task is given!

I love to being there..
Love my daily routine there, love all the tasks and busy schedule.
Usually I help my superior to finish
ed a wedding album. Or sometime, cropping pre-wedding photos with a new trick.
I learned many things there.

And one day, my superior. The same person that accepting me to do OJT there, ask me to come with him. Saw the crew took pre-wedding photo.
So we (me, my superior, the make up artist and the photographer crew) go to Kenjeran Park.
I love to saw how the photograph try to get the best angle. Even he dive to the ground, make his sweaty clothes dirty.

Not just easy things.. i found some bad things.
My superior teach me a new photoshop trick. And i can’t got it easily.
I almost giving up for that trick. But luckily, some thing made my fire burning wild again.
I keep trying and trying, even i fail for hundred time.
And finally!!!! I can’t do that trick!


Those failure made me smarter, and remembered that trick very well.
In idle time, we often gathered and talked random topics. Then, laughing together.
Those lovely atmosphere made me feel at home there.
We’re not feel exhausted by those many tasks. Because that atmosphere.

Sometimes, i feel tired to staring at computer screen. I bored..
So i helped the other employee there.
For example, wrapping wedding gift, sweeping floor, made some craft, or typing price list.




At 27th April, several days before the OJT finished... my boss treated me, my OJT partner and all staff/employee of Savitri Wedding.
We ate together at Wakul Suroboyo. I love how we can talk happily to one and another.
There’s no need to shy, performed our true self. I love this togetherness.
I felt sad to know that this OJT gonna come to an end.
This togetherness gonna end..
After that night, i go home and cried. Felt bad to know it will ended... it will ended..

I really love this place...
Really-really love it.
I wanna be here, with that super nice peoples.
Remember that laughter, that hard work, some gossip or creepy story before going home.
I smiling.. remember those sweet memories.

And finally, it really come to an end.
My OJT officialy finished at 30 April, at Saturday.
It felt so heavy to leave this lovely place...
I don’t know how to put it in words.
I just lovee this place... and hope can pause the time..
But humankind can’t do that fantasy thing..
Like or dislike it... we must face it.
This is life..
There will always be farewell..

On that last day, my superior asked me to go with him again.
But this time not for pre-wedding photo session anymore..
Hmm... i don’t know the english word for this.
Maybe.. ‘Wedding Party’ ?
It called ‘resepsi’ in Indonesian.
My superior brought me a camera.
It’s Canon EOS 5D !!!!
I asked to be a photographer at that day.
So i took many photograph. The bride and groom, decoration, environment, even the guess.
I love that day.
Even my feet feel tired like almost broke, but i enjoyed to be a photographer.
This is my dream, this is my world, this is my whole life...

But sadly..
It was the last day of OJT.
I keep the good relation between me and my boss or superior there.
So they can take me with them if they need a photographer or editor.

That is my short story about OJT.
There were so many experiences i got from precious four months.
Not just photoshop tricks, or photograph tricks.
The most important of all ... is how to be a good employee, how to be a good boss or superior.
It a precious thing, that i’ll keep in my heart.
For the whole time in my life.

Thank you ^^




PHOTOGRAPH

My lovely place. I usually sat there and used that computer

My hard expression when faced some tasks
Eating together and chatting happily!
This is my boss, and my favourite make up artist.
Photo taken when i came with to saw pre-wedding photo session

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Music

nlart · Maru